UA-47203708-1

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Life Gave Me Lemons

Life gave me lemons... actually, chance gave me a lemon tree in our new house.

I have been waiting ever so impatiently for the copious amounts of green fruit to ripen, finding out along the way that they actually ripen off the tree.

Anyhoo.


I had to use all of these!

And so...

Some squeezing...

... some sorting and squeezing...

 ... a few extra ingredients...

... a mishap with a cheap jar, and a rescue from Dolmio...

... we have Preserved Lemons.

I hope.

And then...

there were still more lemons.

So stay tuned!


MC

1 comment:

Kimbo J said...

Se here's where I may have gone worng; I used full (not halved) lemons. Will be very interested to find out how yours go.

And am happy to accept a few lemons the next time you pop over (and will let you know if the school Kitchen Garden calls for some)

Also, you can do the sqeeze-the-lemon-juice-into-ice-cube-tray trick so you always have lemon juice; but if its anything like the lemon tree I had at home growing up, there are allllllways lemons.

I miss that tree.